Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Family bonding….

As I sit here dwelling on the amazing cup of coffee (which all taste like hot dirt water to me lol) and I can not help but to reflect on how everyday owns itself. It may not be as adventurous as you would like, but it’s always filled with so many valuable lessons.  The number 1 life lesson to me is to learn the the lesson of just living. We don’t do this enough. "just live." Nowadays we're busy taking so many facebook pictures that we miss out on the actual brilliant, vibrant, life motions. With that said…. I shared a “cold one” with my mom yesterday lol… ok ok…. I know, just like us ‘N’ words lol!! But it was long overdue. After trying to persuade her for a good ten minutes, she and I went off to the nearest hole to get our “miller on”. We pop the tops and chilled on the front porch to take a load off. We elaborated on life, love, and the daily dose of “crackhead” superheroes who on occasion feels the need to use her toaster(?).  We relaxed for a good thirty minutes and with every second I have come to learn; I am every piece of her. Every layer of skin, every giggle, every struggle. I am her daughter. Definitely. Of course, this would only mean something to you (the reader) if you are aware of my relationship with my mother. Let’s just say, it could never be what I would love it to be, but… we have something, sometimes. On that note........I quote: As we become curators of our own contentment on the Simple Abundance path... we learn to savor the small with a grateful heart.”- Sarah Ban

Anyway.... Just thought I'd share... a thought. ^-^

No comments: